Pallet racks are essential pieces of equipment for any business that needs to store or organize inventory. Whether you are a warehouse owner or a fulfillment facility manager or the head of a distribution center, having the right pallet racks can make a big difference in your business’ productivity and efficiency.
However, purchasing pallet racks is not always a simple process. There are many different types of pallet racks available on the market and choosing the right one for your business can be a challenge.
When it comes time to purchase pallet racks, there are a number of mistakes that business owners can make. Below we some of the most common mistakes business owners make when buying pallet racks and how you can avoid them.
10 Tips to Avoid Pallet Racking Purchasing Mistakes
Pallet racks are an important investment for any business. If you’re planning on purchasing pallet racks for your business, make sure to avoid these 10 mistakes so that you purchase the right pallet racks for your needs.
- Not Knowing Your Storage Needs: One of the most common mistakes businesses make when purchasing pallet racks is not knowing their storage needs. Before you start shopping for pallet racks, take an inventory of the items you need to store and determine the best way to organize them.
- Not Measuring the Space: Another common mistake is not measuring the space where the pallet racks will be placed. It’s important to know the dimensions of the space so you can purchase pallet racks that will fit properly.
- Not Checking for Weight Capacity: Pallet racks are designed to hold a certain amount of weight. Make sure to check the weight capacity of the pallet racks you’re considering before making your purchase.
- Purchasing the Wrong Type of Pallet Rack: There are a variety of pallet racks on the market, and each type is designed for a specific purpose. Make sure you purchase the right type of pallet rack for your needs.
- Failing to Consider Accessories: When purchasing pallet racks, don’t forget to consider accessories such as wire mesh decks, pallet supports, and security cages. These accessories can make your pallet racks more effective and efficient.
- Buying Unprotected Racking: Pallet racks should always be protected, especially if they’re going to be used in an industrial setting. Make sure to purchase pallet racks that are made from high-quality materials and that have a powder-coated finish.
- Ignoring Safety Regulations: Pallet racks are subject to a variety of safety regulations. Make sure you’re familiar with the safety regulations before purchasing Pallet racks.
- Lack of Future Planning: Pallet racks are an investment, so it’s important to think about the future when making your purchase. Make sure the pallet racks you purchase will be able to accommodate your future needs.
- Not Considering Your Equipment: Pallet racks are not one-size-fits-all. Make sure to consider the type of forklift you have or will be using when selecting pallet racks. Pallet racks come in a variety of sizes and styles, so it’s important to find the right pallet rack for your equipment.
- Not Seeking Professional Advice: When it comes to pallet racks, it’s important to seek professional analysis. Pallet racks are a big investment, and you should consult with a professional on the design and implementation of your pallet rack system. They can guide you through the process and help you select the pallet racks that are right for your business.
Need Pallet Racking? Contact Canadian Rack Technologies Today!
Canadian Rack Technologies is a leading provider of pallet racks and industrial storage solutions in Toronto. We offer a wide variety of pallet racks, including new and used pallet racks. We also offer a variety of accessories to make your pallet racks more effective and efficient. Contact us today to learn more about our pallet racks and how we can help you optimize your storage.
Kevin Ausman is the founder of Canadian Rack Technologies. He has over 30 years of experience in providing safe and efficient turn-key storage solutions and he specializes in pallet racking, pick systems, industrial shelving, mezzanines, cantilever racks, and more. Kevin is dedicated to providing great customer service, listening to client’s needs, and supplying the best products available.